• Ensure that your children attend the Academy every day
• Ensure your child wears full Academy uniform and has the appropriate equipment needed for the day
• Read and check the student planner each week
• Provide a suitable quiet place for their child to complete their homework
• Be supportive of the Academy, its values, its events and activities
• Attend subject teacher and academic tutoring evenings to support your child
• Communicate with the Academy regularly
The length of the school week is 34 hours 30 minutes.
The length of time in timetabled lessons is 25 hours. There is a further 2 hours of PSHEE delivered in tutor groups.
The requirement of the DfE is 24 hours.
- Registration / Assembly / PSHEE - 08:30
- Period 1 - 09:10
- Period 2 - 10:10
- Break - 11:10
- Period 3 - 11:30
- Period 4 - 12:30
- Lunch - 13:30
- Period 5 - 14:15
- School Day Ends - 15:15
It may be necessary to close the Academy due to severe weather including snow, flooding or storms but may also be for a variety of other reasons including:
• Accommodation problems, e.g. loss of power supply heating failure or fire damage
• Infectious sickness/disease
The Academy will endeavour to remain open wherever possible in these events however, the decision to close the school will reside with the Principal in consultation with the Chair of Governors before 6:00am. All attempts will be made to contact stakeholders via Parent Text/Parent Call, website, Twitter to inform them of any changes made in line with the snow plan (below) Parents can also listen to local radio and visit the London Borough of Bexley's page.
family lives (formerly Parentline Plus) is a national charity that provides help and support to Parents/Carers. It is a free and confidential service that provides parental groups and workshops as well as information. It deals with lots of the issues related to teenage misbehaviour. You can contact them on 0808 800 2222 or via their website