How does it work?
1. First, check if you qualify – it is not just if you are unemployed, so please look at the list at the list "Do you qualify" below.
2. Registering is really quick and easy – if you think you qualify, contact Vanessa Morrison, our Office Manager via: firstname.lastname@example.org) or Bexley council (Click here) who will help you to register.
3. If you want your child to have a free, healthy meal at lunchtime that’s great – they will get the free meal (saving you more that £350 a year) plus further extra benefits and the school gets £935 extra to go towards improving their educational provision.
4. If you do not want your child to have the school meals, they can continue as normal – as long as you qualify and are registered, the school still gets £935 extra.
No one will know that you have registered and it will not affect any other benefits you are claiming.
Please talk to us about registering your child today.
Do you qualify?
You can register your child for Free School Meals if you get any of these benefits:
• Income Support
• Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
• Income-related Employment and support Allowance
• Support under Part VI of the immigration and Asylum Act 1999
• The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
• Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by the HM Revenue & Customs) that does exceed £16,190
• Working Tax Credit ‘run-on’ – the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.